Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Weekly Editorial. Why is the sin of being gay treated as the worst sin? Think about that.

Hello everyone. Recently I posted an article that was really offensive to the gay community and was anti Vaxers. I wont repeat what they said or post the stories URL. My intention was not to promote but to call them out for what they are bigots.

I am not one to shy away for something that is wrong. No matter how uncomfortable it is. Here we go.

As most of everyone here knows my youngest son is gay. I didn't really think about how mean and disgusting people were until I seen it first hand. To this day my son and his husband are not allowed at Christmas in my fathers laws house. My son is but not his husband.

My father in law goes to church every Sunday. I used to go the same no longer. The preacher who has passed away would preach about being gay was a sin. Down right put them down going to hell and all that other garbage that goes along with. A story caught my eye the other day on the Reverend Franklin Graham, Billy Grahams Son.

Franklin Graham was slated to speak at Liverpool in June. The engagement was cancelled the reason.
"We can no longer reconcile the balance between freedom of speech and the divisive impact it is having in this city."


So Billy Graham wrote an open letter to the city of Liverpool which was eye opening.
A letter to the LGBTQ community in the UK— It is said by some that I am coming to the UK to bring hateful speech to your community. This is just not true. I am coming to share the Gospel, which is the Good News that God loves the people of the UK, and that Jesus Christ came to this earth to save us from our sins. The rub, I think, comes in whether God defines homosexuality as sin. The answer is yes. But God goes even further than that, to say that we are all sinners—myself included.

There is more to the letter. Which got me thinking again. Graham is right. We are all sinners. But what makes this sin so much more controversial than all the other sins? Why is it this sin is so much preached upon and divides families so much more than all the other sins combined including murder. 


Preachers preach if you are gay you are going to hell. Using that logic that means for the simple sin of lying you are going to hell. So does that mean you do not let anyone in your home for lying? 

If being gay is so bad why is not in the 10 commandments? 

Where in the bible does it list one sin is worse than other sins? If you know please inform me because I know of no place that it does. 

I suggest everyone read the letter. It is not hateful in anyway. It does point out we are all sinners. No sin is above another sin. 

See you all in hell. 


No comments:

Post a Comment