Wednesday, December 2, 2020

AOC hits back at Joe Manchin as feud between the two Democrats escalates


 

 Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez responded to Sen. Joe Manchin after he said the New York Democrat focuses on tweeting more than “anything else,” amid a feud over defunding the police.

 “I find it amusing when politicians try to diminish the seriousness of our policy work, movement organizing & grassroots fundraising to 'she just tweets,' as though 'serious' politics is only done by begging corporate CEOs for money through wax-sealed envelopes delivered by raven,” Ocasio-Cortez tweeted Tuesday evening.

 The response comes after Manchin, who is also a Democrat, told the New York Times this week that he has “never met” Ocasio-Cortez and said she focuses on being “more active on Twitter than anything else.”

“I guess she put the dagger stare on me,” Manchin told the New York Times. “I don’t know the young lady — I really don’t. I never met her. I’m understanding she’s not that active with her bills or in committee. She’s more active on Twitter than anything else.”

The feud between the two Democrats began last month after Manchin tweeted he did not support defunding the police.


ARTICLE LINK 


No comments:

Post a Comment